We are continuing with Part II of our two part series on Heart Health Wake-Up Call on emotions, stress and negative thoughts and I’ve appropriately called it how to unchain your heart and transform negative emotions into strength and energy. In order to establish a healthy heart, we’ll have to address our heart’s emotional health.
Do you have any idea that you are wonderfully made and valuable? Maybe you had a great childhood but circumstances, people, or life itself has polluted your mind, body and soul with all the messages that make you feel less than. Before you know it, the many years of coping with life has left you stressed out. Some people are so used to living a stressful life and somehow if their life is not chaotic, they’ll figure out a way to make stress happen.
Constant stress, negative emotions and merely existing will slowly affect our body, mind and soul. Your body will show symptoms of exhaustion and various types of health problems will manifest itself.
Not taking care of yourself may eventually lead to heart disease, stroke, messed up hormonal system, weight problems, sleep problems and a whole lot more diseases. Heart disease kills half a million American women each year. In my years of helping women, emotional health is an issue that we deal with all the time. If you were to seriously reflect on your life’s journey, you will find out that most of your health problems began to emerge when your emotional health was unhealthy.
Negative emotions and stress have destroyed some my client’s health and they live with shame, depression, anxiety, rage and unfulfilled dreams. If you follow the news, hearing about domestic violence, assaults and shootings may bring more fear and stress into your life. With every emotion there is energy behind it. The more negative emotions and stress you feel the more energy you are wasting and literally burning out your healthy system. Let’s learn how to transform that “stinking thinking” into positive energies for a healthy heart and peaceful and happy life.
Take these 21 tried-and-tested keys to help you unchain your heart and transform negative emotions into strength and energy:
1. Recognize that negative emotions and stress will eventually kill you. (really no joke)
2. Take small steps everyday to make changes to improve your lifestyle.
3. Commit to listen to empowering and positive influences via MP3s or on the web daily. (Some of my favorite Elevation Church, Joyce Meyer, TD Jakes)
4. If you connect with people who have been through what you have divorce, death etc., make sure you’re connected with those who have been through and are living a healthy lifestyle now.
5. Invest in taking care of yourself. Really, put money in your budget for your self care. It may involve a gym membership, Zumba classes, a weekly massage, chiropractic care, a personal trainer, pick what makes you feel good.
6. Invest in your health with healthy natural foods.
7. Take time to look good and make yourself presentable. It can lift your spirits.
8. Change your mindset with PJ McClure’s Flip the Switch (Great book and audio and it’s free).
9. Read inspirational books and or watch inspirational movies. Weekly if you have to.
10. Stop watching TV especially the news.
11. Sleep more unless you are over sleeping. (8-9 hrs. at the most a night)
12. Get moving, get fresh air, walk and enjoy the outdoors.
13. Change your scenery like taking a different route to work, have a picnic lunch or even start a part time job in a positive environment like a local coffee shop.
14. Pray or meditate. Depending on your faith and beliefs, spend a few minutes of quiet time each day and collect your thoughts and begin with an affirmation based on the Bible or inspirational quotes from a book.
15. Connect with healthy like-minded friends on our Facebook Page or over on Twitter. Sign up to get our weekly newsletter and encouragement.
16. Break away from negative people. Believe me, you can do it nicely.
17. Forgive and move forward. You can’t change the past but you can change your future especially with forgiveness.
18. Focus on your journey and live in the moment.
19. Seek professional help with people like Dr. Lavonne Atnip.
20. Listen to relaxing music and music that lifts you up and feeds your heart.
21. Use your favorite essential oils everyday. Joy oil is the heart healthy essential oil favorite.
Your heart health depends on how you take care of your total wellness. Almost five years ago, I was a stressed out, overworked wife who traveled around the United States building my business while my husband stayed home alone. I had just embraced Christ into my heart and was learning to incorporate Him into my marriage and entire life. You could say the peace that passes all understanding was falling on my life. I thank God for that because I was on my way to a very big problem… emotional and physical heart health.
I looked good from the outside but I was heading for a nervous breakdown. I felt trapped and I did not know how to unchain myself. Ever felt that way? I was out of balance and was not taking care of my emotional and physical health. I sought help and found a wonderful woman, Dr. Lavonne Atnip. She helped me sort through my emotional chaos and today my journey is so much clearer and happier. My heart’s health is more balanced and fulfilled.
Toxic emotions and stress are the causes of many diseases including heart disease. It can lead to irritable bowel syndrome, insomnia, weight gain, weakened immune system, cancer and depression. You cannot zone out or watch TV to lessen these toxic emotions. Be a powerful person under pressure using the above keys and seek out help from professionals who can help unchain your heart.
One such person would be Dr. Lavonne Atnip. You can purchase and download her MP3 here. This MP3 and transcript will be your first step to taking care of your toxic emotions and help you live a more fulfilled life.
You have the keys to achieve total wellness. Don’t wait for the right time for it may never come because it certainly wasn’t the right time when I sought help from Dr. Lavonne.
We publish newsletters and blogposts twice a week for our readers for general education purposes only. We cover topics that are related to achieving and maintaining total wellness which includes our emotional, physical, spiritual and financial health.